A wise colleague of mine described Executive Presence as:
“The water leaders swim in to get things done. It’s not optional. It’s essential for respect and trust”.
KineticFuture are experts in coaching the ‘how’ of EP one to one and in groups. Today I’m going to share with you The 6 Practical Habits of EP. This is a distillation of the KF coaching method for your presentation communication.
6 Habits of Executive Presence in Presentation Communication
- It’s all about the audience – flex to their needs and perspective you’re already halfway there.
- Integrity & expertise – how are you going to demonstrate this?
- Authentic passion & belief – your topic may not set your pulse racing but you’ll have to find something that motivates you
- Warm authority under fire – there is a pivot point between warmth and authority. You’re looking to find the right blend for the situation and culture.
- Listens to understand – the audience needs to feel this is a two-way conversation and you have to truly understand what they are thinking.
- Tailored value messages and strong storytelling – underpinning your confidence is knowing the value you bring to the other person and being able to articulate it. Strong storytelling will build engagement and memorability.
On our courses we’ll work with you on your physicality (vocal energy, body language etc.) blended with communications strategy plus you’ll develop your story ready to present. All focused on a real work situation. Your colleagues will also coach you and you’ll learn to self-coach too.
We have worked for 19 years with demanding companies
including Abbvie, The ABI, Barclays, GSK, The Open University, Novartis, Mars,
MSD, Reckitt Benckiser and Vertex.
Do call or email me if you’d like to know more. Everyone can develop their Executive Presence with dedication and good coaching. And the rewards are great for you and your teams.
If ‘develop stronger executive presence’ is on your 2019 development plans, be optimistic! It definitely can be learned quickly with us. It’s just about being true to your own values and understanding the behaviours other leaders expect to see from peers.
The bottom line is that you get to choose to be flexible in each situation or not. It’s that simple. Once you decide to go for it, we know our Executive Presence group course will get you to your goals, in your own authentic way.
Drop us an email to find out how you can learn to do this practically in your own real work. firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Tips for Executive Presence (And what it’s not)
- Executive Presence effective behaviours have been defined by strong global research. It’s not fluff.
- It’s about balancing warmth and authority. It’s not about old-fashioned power plays.
- It’s about integrity, ‘showing teeth’ and demonstrating expertise. It’s not superficial.
- It’s about getting good work done and empowering teams. It’s not about being the loudest.
- It’s about communicating in a flexible, skilled way, suited to a leader not a junior.
KineticFuture has deep expertise in coaching leaders to be highly skilful communicators – on our team courses or 1-2-1 coaching. We work with some of the most exciting companies in the world and have a repeat assignment rate of 100%. We’d love to talk to you.
You can learn a lot about confidence and self-belief when you’re stuck up a mountain with just a pair of skis. I have transferred innovative psychological ideas from ski coaching to our new KineticFuture Executive Presence group courses. Here’s me looking very proud of myself on the slopes with a good friend.
We’re excited to launch our new Executive Presence courses – offering more personal coaching, new energising simulations, and even better results.
You can Learn how to use Executive Presence in presentations, meetings and tough conversations. In your own unique style. Using the latest global research and KineticFuture’s own deep expertise.
Everyone can achieve Executive Presence with good coaching and hard work.
YOU CAN DISCOVER HOW TO:
- Build your standing and impact with leaders and teams
- Communicate with confidence and grace under fire
- Balance warmth, authority and gravitas
- Connect to people and inspire quickly
- Use your power to thrive and support others
- Show your decisiveness and ‘teeth’ when needed
- Enhance your reputation and standing
- Communicate your vision with charisma
- Say no in 100 ways
Find out why companies like Novartis, Abbvie, Mars, Reckitt Benckiser, GSK and Barclays choose KineticFuture for executive presence courses and one to one coaching. And why we have a 100% repeat assignment rate.
Check out snoworks.co.uk to improve your skiing.
Welcome back to the KineticFuture Book Club!
This is a fantastic book that I will be recommending again and again on our new Executive Presence group course and in my one to one coaching. For me, its key message is be open and be yourself and you will boost your executive presence.
It comes from vulnerability researcher, Brené Brown and it’s called ‘Daring Greatly’. I read it cover to cover without stopping. And then started reading it again. Only stopped by accidently smashing my iPad!
This book could have been written about me and for me. Judging by the millions of people that follow Brené on Ted, many men and women feel the same way.
In essence, it’s about daring to be yourself, not hiding and using strategies to help you stay courageous under fire. It’s about being more successful and happier. The way she tells the story is moving and hilarious. She struggles on the journey too. Her research work is exemplary. There’s no BS here. This is a book for men, women, the relentlessly ambitious and those already happy with their life today.
Buy Daring Greatly by Brené Brown on Amazon.
On our Executive Presence course you’ll learn to balance warmth and authority at work, how to be open and show vulnerability yet have people know you mean business. And how to do all this your own way, in your own style with your own values. It’s a tightrope worth walking. Contact us on +44 (0)1628 624312 to find out more.
Do let us know your favourite books so that we can add them to the KineticFuture book club reading list.
By the way, you can easily find all our book club recommendations by just searching for ‘book club’ in our tips.
Your eyes really are the gateway to your soul. And it’s one of the first things to go when we’re under pressure. Here’s a top tip that will give you the warm authority leaders need even when the going gets tough. Click here to watch.
I hope it’s useful. Let us know how you get on. If you’d like us to coach you or your team to increase your presence, gravitas or warm authority do give us a ring. It would be a pleasure to work with you on this.