You’re committed. You’re great at your job. You want to get ahead. Great!
But are you the one who always works the longest hours and has the most projects to manage with the least resources? Do you take responsibility or blame when it really should be shared?
You may be proud that you can make it all happen. But this pattern may be damaging your career.
It’s something that many people bring to our The Time To Think™ coaching sessions. Just having the space to think about what’s going on versus what you want can produce transformative change. Sometimes we’ll work on skills too. The choice is yours.
Use the arrival of spring to make some important changes. Contact us if you’d like to discuss your coaching.
Top Tips If You Care Too Much
Have a think about some of these questions.
- Do I feel I have to take on all this responsibility? Do I think this is true? What are my reasons for thinking so? Or is it fake news?
- Do I notice myself doing this a lot – at work and home? What assumptions am I making?
- How do successful people I admire manage their lives? What boundaries and roles do they define?
- Does my behaviour point to me being a doer rather than a strategic leader?
- What if I just didn’t do it this way? What would I gain? What would it free me up to do? What if there were no rules or expectations? What would I do?
- What is my purpose, what really makes my spirits fly?
KineticFuture can coach you to be a world-class leader and communicator. Coaching 1-2-1 and in groups. Clients include Abbvie, Amgen, Gilead, GSK, Novartis, Mars, Pladis, WPP and Barclays. We have six main areas of work: The Time To Think™ coaching, executive presence, presenting and storytelling, tricky conversations, resilience and communicating purpose.