IMAGE SOURCED FROM INTI AT FLICKR AND CROPPED FOR USE.
As today is International Stress Awareness Day, it’s good to know that you can, at least, reduce your presentation stress quickly and boost your executive presence in the process. It is absolutely possible. On our new Presenting with Executive Presence Group Course you learn how to tackle the gremlins that hold you back and have fun in the process. You can do it!
We’re off to the Wellbeing at Work conference on Thursday – I’m looking forward to hearing the latest research and implications for leadership.
Presentation Stress is really common. Even CEOs, film stars and professional comedians suffer. And we present so often – talking with colleagues, meetings, video as well as the formal stand ups. You need to tackle it not just because life is too short but because it does affect your executive presence and career.
Ask yourself “what am I assuming that’s causing me to be stressed when I present?”
Make a big long list, however daft you think those thoughts are. Then you’ll see the gremlins (hence the picture!) at work in your brain and writing it down starts to reduce their power.
On our presenting with executive presence courses, we find that the leading drivers for stress are imposter syndrome – people worry about being ‘found out’, a bad previous experience and the ‘boss’ being in the room and feeling judged.
We find a mixture of physical work and rethinking tools make a fast impact on stress. Learning to analyse the situation and create a good narrative with our easy toolkit will also boost your confidence.
We’ve blended the latest brain research, psychology and theatre direction tools to make this course something we’re very proud to share.
Drop us an email or give us a ring if you want to talk about coaching which adds Rocket Fuel For Your Talent (and chases away those nasty gremlins!)
You can learn a lot about confidence and self-belief when you’re stuck up a mountain with just a pair of skis. I have transferred innovative psychological ideas from ski coaching to our new KineticFuture Executive Presence group courses. Here’s me looking very proud of myself on the slopes with a good friend.
We’re excited to launch our new Executive Presence courses – offering more personal coaching, new energising simulations, and even better results.
You can Learn how to use Executive Presence in presentations, meetings and tough conversations. In your own unique style. Using the latest global research and KineticFuture’s own deep expertise.
Everyone can achieve Executive Presence with good coaching and hard work.
YOU CAN DISCOVER HOW TO:
- Build your standing and impact with leaders and teams
- Communicate with confidence and grace under fire
- Balance warmth, authority and gravitas
- Connect to people and inspire quickly
- Use your power to thrive and support others
- Show your decisiveness and ‘teeth’ when needed
- Enhance your reputation and standing
- Communicate your vision with charisma
- Say no in 100 ways
Find out why companies like Novartis, Abbvie, Mars, Reckitt Benckiser, GSK and Barclays choose KineticFuture for executive presence courses and one to one coaching. And why we have a 100% repeat assignment rate.
Check out snoworks.co.uk to improve your skiing.
Conference season is upon us so I thought I’d share with you our first vlog series with plenty of quick coaching tips on how to be a highly skilful communicator.
It’s called ‘Manage Your Tell’ – the behaviour that tells people you are under pressure and undermines your position.
Our aim is to help you find your tell and give you tips to sort it in this 6 part series.
Watch the box set so far by following the links below:
- Manage your tell
- Be Big
- Soft Eyes
- Star Wars Tip
If you would like to receive the last two in the series and haven’t already signed up just let me know, we’re happy to share our coaching expertise with you.
Or call us if you’d like to be coached to develop your own confidence, gravitas or executive presence. We develop practical programmes to suit you.
Our strength is coaching leaders to become highly skilful communicators. So you can solve tricky business challenges. And ignite your full personal potential. Contact us on +44 (0)1628 624312 to find out more.
Even the most successful people in business lack confidence sometimes. They are just better at dealing with the situation.
So here are 7 Quick Confidence Boosters you can apply to meetings, presentations or just to help you rise to a new challenge.
- Remind yourself what you offer the other people. Why were you chosen for this job? Write it down and think of specific proof points. Now is the time to get over yourself and start helping others.
- Talk to others as a human to human. Stop trying to be impressive. It’s ease which gives you the presence and status. It’s also a truly liberating approach (even the Dalai Lama uses this one!)
- Connect to your purpose or what’s important to you. When you do this you will be an authentic and powerful communicator. People will know you are genuine and more likely to support you. Focus on your ‘why’.
- Breathe – in and out naturally.
- Prepare solidly – accept the worst case scenario, don’t fight it or dwell on it but do have a plan. Focus on the opportunity.
- Dump the PowerPoint slides if you can – instead have a two way conversation.
- I would say this wouldn’t I! But if you have real confidence challenges, organise some 1-2-1 coaching. It makes a massive difference.
I hope this helps. See more blogs and vlogs at www.kineticfuture.com/tips/
KineticFuture offers executive coaching and communications coaching. We specialise in helping leaders ignite their people around purpose. Contact us on +44 (0)1628 624312 to find out more.
This app makes it fun to pick up litter. Who would have thought it?
Jeff Kirschner’s 6 minute Ted talk scores on so many levels. It’s a great example of how to ignite people around your purpose – in his idea and in the way he communicates it.
- It’s a presentation about rubbish but it had me interested from the word go – fantastic idea, great data
- The story he tells in his presentation is personal, amusing, highly visual, surprising and edgy, with clearly presented data slides. All devices that gain your attention and keep it. His physicality oozes confidence and presence.
- His app is tapping in to people’s existing desire to keep doing what they love, taking artistic pictures and sharing them. And the human desire to be included in a bigger community with a real meaningful purpose. Both make it easier for them to act and boost personal happiness.
If you would like to know how to ignite people around your own purpose we can help. We coach leadership teams to be exceptional communicators. Contact us to find out more about our bespoke inspirational courses.
Watch Jeff Kirschner’s talk below.
Visit Litterati to find out more and download the app (for iPhone).