If you’ve got a big day tomorrow and you need to get through, here are some fast SOS confidence tips that work. Click on the links below and survive tomorrow. No one will guess!
If you’d like to build real confidence (and let’s face it, we’d all like more) talk to me about Time To Think™ Coaching. It’s 1-2-1 coaching but not as you know it. You’ll think brilliantly and independently about the challenges that are important to you. (This is me coaching outside the office, by the canal in Paddington – one of my favourite places to work).
In the meantime, follow the tips, phone a friend and you’ll pull off that big day tomorrow.
You can have strong executive presence and impact in meetings and presentations. It just takes some work and a coach who can tap into your potential. You can do it! Give us a call and we’ll coach you how. Find out more about our courses here.
No matter how senior or expert we are, there’s something (or someone!) that makes us twitch. We curated a ‘collection’ of 50 quick confidence boosts. Here’s 3 of the weird ones to try. If you’d like leadership coaching 1-2-1 or communications coaching for meetings and presentations give us a call.
Remember, weird is good!
- Feel the pain – divert attention from your fear by putting tiny pieces of gravel in the front of your shoes. Scrunch your toes from time to time.
- Secret escapes – choose a secret to take into the room with you, how will you behave now? E.g. The secret is you are a spy or about to be made CEO.
- What if? – imagine you are talking to Man City FC owners in the bar after winning the League. How will you now stand, and talk and be? Go in with that purpose.
KineticFuture can coach you to be a world-class leader and communicator. Coaching 1-2-1 and in groups. Clients include Abbvie, Amgen, Gilead, GSK, Novartis, Mars, Pladis, WPP and Barclays.
We have six main areas of work: Time to think coaching, executive presence, presenting and storytelling, tricky conversations, resilience and communicating purpose.
Hang on to those New Year’s resolutions with today’s book
club recommendation – ‘Taming Tigers. Do things you never thought you could’ by
Jim Lawless. Like join an amateur dramatic group (me!), go for that new job
role, or overcome a fear?
Kinetic Future’s coaching and group courses will also give you the boost you need to get there – by increasing confidence, resilience, executive presence or presenting skills.
Taming Tigers was recommended to the KineticFuture book club
by Colin Boylan, Director at Fresh Perspectives Market Research, thanks Colin!
“Excellent story and fantastic advice. Really helped drive me forward when I was setting up the business.”
Everybody has a Tiger. It is the thing that snarls at us when we think about making a change in our lives and stops us developing and achieving our potential. In Taming Tigers Jim Lawless shares his proven and inspirational training programme to help you achieve your dreams by taming the Tigers in your life.
Now for the first time, you can learn how to use these highly practical rules to overcome your fears and do things you never thought you could – in both your professional and private life.
Buy ‘Taming Tigers’ on Amazon.
Drop us an email or give us a ring on +44 (0) 1628 624312 if you want to talk about coaching which adds Rocket Fuel For Your Talent (and helps you tame those tigers).
The KineticFuture Book Club is focussed on communications and leadership, our specialist area of coaching. To find more recommendations just search for ‘book club’ in our tips.
It’s Anti-Bullying Week this week. Workplace bullies generally pick on those with status below or equivalent to themselves. And just because you are senior doesn’t mean you’re immune.
So we thought we’d share with you some fast tips on how to deal with workplace bullies.
How do you deal with people who try to squash your status and confidence? The kind of people who try to make you feel insignificant, junior or unimportant. Let’s face it, they do exist.
Here are 5 physical tips to remember:
- Bear in mind that people who behave this way are often insecure. Genuinely confident, high status people do not need to put other people down. Quite the opposite. Feel sorry for them.
- Check that the ‘confidence and status level’ you are communicating is high enough. Do a body and attitude check. Are you behaving like someone who expects to be picked on? Bullies smell fear.
- Come in with high confidence and status and stay there despite what the ‘status squasher’ tries. Just stay relaxed and avoid the temptation to try too hard or to justify yourself. Bullies prey on your desire to fit in, be perfect, be liked etc.
- Keep your eye contact strong, maintain an open body language, stay engaged and interested in the meeting and put your point of view clearly. Don’t rush, do use pauses and questions and make sure your voice doesn’t become high or breathless. Wear clothes that communicate your seniority and influence.
- Be prepared. Go in knowing your facts and knowing what you want to communicate. If you don’t know the answer to questions, don’t bull****; say you don’t know and you’ll find out.
Find out more about KineticFuture’s executive presence courses and one to one coaching. And why we have a 100% repeat assignment rate.
Find out more about the Anti-Bullying Alliance who organise the Anti-Bullying week ‘Choose Respect’ here.
You can learn a lot about confidence and self-belief when you’re stuck up a mountain with just a pair of skis. I have transferred innovative psychological ideas from ski coaching to our new KineticFuture Executive Presence group courses. Here’s me looking very proud of myself on the slopes with a good friend.
We’re excited to launch our new Executive Presence courses – offering more personal coaching, new energising simulations, and even better results.
You can Learn how to use Executive Presence in presentations, meetings and tough conversations. In your own unique style. Using the latest global research and KineticFuture’s own deep expertise.
Everyone can achieve Executive Presence with good coaching and hard work.
YOU CAN DISCOVER HOW TO:
- Build your standing and impact with leaders and teams
- Communicate with confidence and grace under fire
- Balance warmth, authority and gravitas
- Connect to people and inspire quickly
- Use your power to thrive and support others
- Show your decisiveness and ‘teeth’ when needed
- Enhance your reputation and standing
- Communicate your vision with charisma
- Say no in 100 ways
Find out why companies like Novartis, Abbvie, Mars, Reckitt Benckiser, GSK and Barclays choose KineticFuture for executive presence courses and one to one coaching. And why we have a 100% repeat assignment rate.
Check out snoworks.co.uk to improve your skiing.