A wise colleague of mine described Executive Presence as:
“The water leaders swim in to get things done. It’s not optional. It’s essential for respect and trust”.
KineticFuture are experts in coaching the ‘how’ of EP one to one and in groups. Today I’m going to share with you The 6 Practical Habits of EP. This is a distillation of the KF coaching method for your presentation communication.
6 Habits of Executive Presence in Presentation Communication
- It’s all about the audience – flex to their needs and perspective you’re already halfway there.
- Integrity & expertise – how are you going to demonstrate this?
- Authentic passion & belief – your topic may not set your pulse racing but you’ll have to find something that motivates you
- Warm authority under fire – there is a pivot point between warmth and authority. You’re looking to find the right blend for the situation and culture.
- Listens to understand – the audience needs to feel this is a two-way conversation and you have to truly understand what they are thinking.
- Tailored value messages and strong storytelling – underpinning your confidence is knowing the value you bring to the other person and being able to articulate it. Strong storytelling will build engagement and memorability.
On our courses we’ll work with you on your physicality (vocal energy, body language etc.) blended with communications strategy plus you’ll develop your story ready to present. All focused on a real work situation. Your colleagues will also coach you and you’ll learn to self-coach too.
We have worked for 19 years with demanding companies including Abbvie, The ABI, Barclays, GSK, The Open University, Novartis, Mars, MSD, Reckitt Benckiser and Vertex.