Even the most successful people in business lack confidence sometimes. They are just better at dealing with the situation.
So here are 7 Quick Confidence Boosters you can apply to meetings, presentations or just to help you rise to a new challenge.
- Remind yourself what you offer the other people. Why were you chosen for this job? Write it down and think of specific proof points. Now is the time to get over yourself and start helping others.
- Talk to others as a human to human. Stop trying to be impressive. It’s ease which gives you the presence and status. It’s also a truly liberating approach (even the Dalai Lama uses this one!)
- Connect to your purpose or what’s important to you. When you do this you will be an authentic and powerful communicator. People will know you are genuine and more likely to support you. Focus on your ‘why’.
- Breathe – in and out naturally.
- Prepare solidly – accept the worst case scenario, don’t fight it or dwell on it but do have a plan. Focus on the opportunity.
- Dump the PowerPoint slides if you can – instead have a two way conversation.
- I would say this wouldn’t I! But if you have real confidence challenges, organise some 1-2-1 coaching. It makes a massive difference.
I hope this helps. See more blogs and vlogs at www.kineticfuture.com/tips/
KineticFuture offers executive coaching and communications coaching. We specialise in helping leaders ignite their people around purpose. Contact us on +44 (0)1628 624312 to find out more.